Search This Blog

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Monday Morning Updates

It was an awesome day at the Crossroads. God moved among his people and it was beautiful to see. Worship was awesome. I'm really diggin' playing with the band. We're going to miss Grrr - the bass player - he's leaving on Monday for the Air Force. I am praying hard that God will raise up the musicians that he needs for the band. That our needs will be met in the perfect way and at the perfect time. He has certainly done a great job so far. Hello - have you met worship dude? And then God pulling Jake back into the band has really firmed things up....and we've got this kid, Connor, playing electric, that has unbelievable raw talent....and Landon is really slammin' on the drums....and we've got these beautiful back-up babes for vocals. I am also praying for some other big stuff with music. Shhh...it's a secret! Can't wait to see how God does on answering!

Loved the sermon! In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day is one of my all time favorite books. I am so pumped about this sermon series. It will be exciting to see how God changes lives. I am certainly ready to chase a lion....I just need to know which lion to chase. Of course, I do tend to get distracted easily when the pastor wears shorts. He has really awesome legs. I think he wears shorts just to flirt with me. (for those of you who don't know, I'm married to the pastor....not making inappropriate comments about just any minister) He did wear tennis shoes...so at least he did not have on his flip-flops, or I would not have been able to pay attention at all. Seriously hon...you are doing an amazing job at this church planting thing. Wow!

We had a picnic at the new park in town after church. That was cool - to hang out with old friends and a couple of new friends. I'm praying hard for our house to sell so we can get into Anna and have Bible study in our home. I think it is a critical need for plugging people into the community of believers.

To all my friends from the Crossroads - thanks for such a great experience. When we first started to dream big dreams, my dreams were not even this good. God is already doing bigger and better things than I had planned. I can't imagine better people to serve God with, and I am so excited about where God is taking us. I am blessed to call you all family.

Happy Monday.

No comments: