Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

hot cocoa and Jesus

Today our family handed out hot chocolate at Anna's Christmas parade. We had lots of neat interactions with people. Several great conversations. There were many encounters today with people that we've met before. It is interesting to me how God continually crosses our paths with other particular individuals. And gradually strangers become friends.

Tonight I was getting ready to go to a Christmas program, and thinking back on the day. I suddenly realized just how awesome God was today. We had precisely enough hot chocolate for every person who came through the line. With none left over. We had no clue how many people to expect, but apparently God had it all planned out ahead of time.

I don't know why that surprises me. He does that kind of thing all the time on mission trips. Like last winter in Juarez when I was in charge of handing out miscellaneous items from a huge box to children who came by. As I reached in, I invariably pulled out the exact right item. A sweater, coat, hat, mittens....all in the appropriate sizes for whoever was standing in front of me. It just surprises me to see it in church planting. Don't know why.

Can't wait to see what God does tomorrow.

No comments: