Search This Blog

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Yes, I'm cheating...get over it!

It's nearly midnight. I skipped blogging last night and feel obligated to post something tonight. So, I am cheating and copying a post from my husband's blog www.blazingthetrail.blogspot.com. Very awesome writer, my husband is. I am finally even reading his blog on a daily basis now that I've discovered how to use google reader on my computer at school. I can't comment back on anybody's blogs, but at least now I can read them during the 12 hours or so I spend there every day. But, shhh....don't tell him I wasn't a regular reader before. It's just such a hassle to go to every blog link that you want to keep up with. Love google reader that brings all the blogs together in one spot.

Oh, wait, I am off track again. Today I took a short break from entering grades on my computer to check my google reader. I followed this link in Shawn's blog: http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?section=magazine&id=3789373&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1
about the story of two high school football teams. If you haven't read this yet, take a minute and do. It really drove home to me Jesus' words, "People will know my disciples by the love they have for one another" and "Love your neighbor as yourself." and "whatever you do for the least of these you do for me."

I just wish I had thought of it first. Way to go Rick Reilly!

No comments: