Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

"You're Old Mommy"

This was too funny to keep off the blog, even if it's a little inappropriate. Just enjoy the laugh!

On Tuesday, my third class at the gym, a cycle class, about killed me. It was taught by a serious runner. It was awesome, but it was crazy hard. My muscles were screaming. As soon as I got supper on the table, I headed off to soak my sore muscles in a steaming hot bath.

I had just drug myself up out of the burning water to shave my legs when Abby, my three year old, came in to go potty. She was extraordinarily fascinated by the shaving cream. "Mommy, how come you put on that stuff that goes kshshshshshshshshshshshshsjshshshshshshsshshshshshhshshshsshhshshshs?" I know she made that sound for a good two minutes. I explained the mystery of shaving very patiently, even though she was interrupting my relaxing me time.

It was the next comment that made me cry with laughter. She stood against the tub intently watching me shave. Then her eyes drifted to my chest. Then she abruptly lifted her shirt to look at her chest. Then she looked back at me. I fully expected to have the conversation about why her boobs are little and mine aren't, the conversation a mom has with every young daughter. But no, that wasn't what was on her mind.

"Mommy, you're old."

I'm thinking, "what the heck?" but answer, "what makes you say that?"

"cause your boobies touch your belly. That makes you old. Memaw says that happens when you get old."

At first I was confused, but then realized that hunching over to shave did make the girls hang down farther than usual. I couldn't stop laughing. And laughing. And laughing. You gotta love three year old logic.

No comments: