Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Silence

I'm sitting at the computer, trying to decide what to write tonight. As I search my head for the words that create the blogs, it is empty and silent. It is a dark room, filled with cobwebs and dust. The doors are creaky, and it is damp and musty.

Women's heads are never silent. We usually have more voices speaking than we can listen to at one time. But for me, tonight, there is no new story to tell, no new truth to share, no funny story to make me giggle. Just silence.

It is slightly unnerving to have quiet in my brain. Even the music that constantly plays underneath my thoughts is still tonight.

There is an excited, unexplainable, expectancy that accompanies the emptiness tonight. This rush of pure emotion doesn't make sense. I am simply waiting tonight. Waiting to see what's next.

No comments: