Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Be a Missionary day 9

The Mexico mission team is on their way back home today. They are absolutely exhausted after a busy week of ministry. I have heard from all involved that this was the most amazing mission trip any of them have ever experienced. I am excited to hear their stories.

In ancient times, when Moses went up on the mountain and spent time in God's presence, he returned with such a glow on his face that he had to wear a veil. I imagine that we may see God just through the glow on our mission team's faces.

Here is their last devotional thought for the trip. A challenge for us all.

Day 9

Tonight you will sleep in your own bed. Tomorrow you will resume your normal, ordinary life. We are all called to be missionaries, every single day of our lives. Some people do that by living in other countries, but we do it as we go to work, as we love our neighbors, as we share Jesus with our friends. How can you continue to live your life as a missionary, seeking to fulfill these verses when you get home?

1 John 3:16-18, “We know what real love is because Christ gave up his life for us. And so we also ought to give up our lives for our Christian brothers and sisters. But if anyone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need and refuses to help - how can God’s love be in that person? Dear children, let us stop just saying we love each other; let us really show it by our actions.”

Matthew 25:35-40, “For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me. Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and fee you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison, and visit you?’ And the King will tell them, “I assure you, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’”


No comments: