Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 - Happy New Year

Happy New Year! It's time for resolutions and goals for 2011. For the last several years, I have avoided setting many concrete goals - so that I would not fail. As a matter of fact, I did not succeed at either of my two goals that I set last year, nor did I remember having set any goals until I looked in my blog archives just now.

This year I have set some precise goals, writing down some of the things that I have long felt impressed to do, but have postponed. I sense time slipping away, and think the time to chase dreams is now. It is my hope that I will be more successful this year and purposeful about pursuing these things.

1. I will spend more time in God's word than I do on facebook.
2. I will finish at least one writing project that I have envisioned:
Worship - a closer look
Lullabies and Lovesongs, falling in love with God
Help! I don't know who the preacher is talking about (basic Bible stories)
Fear Not! 365 days to a fearless life
Underwater (a novel set in Texoma)
High Cotton?? (a novel set in cotton growing Arkansas)
3. I will try to publish at least one magazine/web article this year for pay.
4. I will set up meetings with people I know that have experience speaking and seek a mentor in that area and tips on how to secure speaking engagements.
5. I will learn to play the guitar that is in my closet.
6. I will date my husband at least once a month, and spend time individually with my children.
7. I will work out at least 4 days a week - and want to train for a half marathon (if I can get over being chicken)
8. I will continue to evaluate my possessions on a regular basis, sharing those things that can be used by multiple people, and giving away what I do not need.
9. I will seek to become more educated about fair trade, and seek to spend more responsibly.
10. I will submit all these ideas and others that may develop under God's authority and seek to live surrendered to his agenda and his plan.

There it is - my top ten things that I want to do this next year. What is your number one goal this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great list!