Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Gonna get me some new clothes!

In recent years, shopping has lost its appeal for me. There's just something about going to try on clothes with 4 kids that's not so much fun. Even when I have the opportunity to go alone, it's always a fast mission to try to hurry up and get in and get out. Then there's the size thing. Men's clothing is sold in measurements. A 34 inch waist is a 34 inch waist. Women's clothing is random. Sometimes I wear a 14, or a 16, or an 18, or a Large, or a medium, or an extra large. So trying on clothes is a royal pain. Incorporate into that equation the whole I used to be skinny thing. I have found that there are no clothes that will remove 50 pounds. And dressing room mirrors are 3-sided, so you can't even fake being skinny by only looking at one side of you at a time like you do at home. Anyway, clothes shopping is definitely not something I look forward to at all and generally try to avoid.

Now where am I going with this? Yesterday I was reading Zechariah chapter 3. This chapter tells the story of the high priest Jeshua standing before the angel of the Lord. His clothes are filthy so the angel gives him fine new clothes and a new turban. vs. 4 "So the angel said to the others standing there, "Take off his filthy clothes." And turning to Jeshua he said, "See, I have taken away your sins, and now I am giving you these fine new clothes." I just started thinking about how beautiful it will be to have all my sins removed someday, to no longer struggle with temptation, to no longer have to fight the darkness that is within me, and to be able to shine with righteousness. I'm looking forward to those "new clothes."

No comments: