Since my brain is too fried to create original thoughts, I thought I would add to/update some of the previous blogs. So if you are clueless, you may need to go back and read some of the archived stuff.
Anna update: Awesome first day. I had about 11 minutes for lunch, which is great for the 1st day, I usually don't get to eat at all! I enjoyed the kids, and I work with an incredible team. The hardest part was going through caffeine withdrawal. I did not have time to refill my coffee cup all day and had a miserable headache by lunch time. The migraine pills did not work on the withdrawal headache. I may need a coffee pot in my room! :)
Zechariah update: Yes, I did it! I finished Malachi. I have now read through the entire Bible. Where to go from here?
Rain update: I know my commuter friends are relieved that the rain has ceased for now. However, it has been one of the coolest spiritual experiences of my life to drive to work in the rain as I was praying for God to rain down his Spirit on Anna.
Just a swingin' update: The friend who's never written a song and turned out two pretty good ones talked to me the other day. Now he's written a third song that he wants me to check out. He may have a hidden musical talent that he is just now discovering. It's exciting when people discover their hidden musical passion.
Fashion Abomination update: I have never been so surprised by the excitement and buzz about something I've written. What started as a joke has become a buzz word with regular readers. I daily have people submit new abominations for consideration. Here are some of the best that I can think of right now.
1. Spandex should only be sold in a size extra small. Even then, it should be worn with great caution.
2. Bikinis are another item that should only be sold in small sizes. The friend who shared this with me thought it was hysterical that I own a bikini. (Bought and worn for a joke, in case you were wondering - never publicly)
3. Rat tails. Remember this from the 80's?
4. Mullets. Also from the 80's. Guys who permed their mullets were especially hot.
5. muscle T-shirts - From the 80's when the guys cut out the sleeves and most of the sides of the shirts. Especially faux pas when worn too short and stomach hangs out from underneath.
Surrendering update: Not going so well. Sunday I still couldn't sing the song at church. It is just awkward to sing I surrender some. Even I surrender most doesn't quite get the job done. Pray harder for me. I know better than to walk in a rebelious spirit.