Search This Blog

Sunday, September 7, 2008

AWESOME DAY

It was an awesome official launch for the Crossroads Community Church today. We had great worship, interesting preaching, and saw God move in incredible ways. Thanks for all your prayers over the last year. Please continue to pray for us as we begin meeting weekly and become a "real?" church. (Not sure what else to call it)

Many of my friends made it to the service today. It really meant a lot to me that they love me enough to want to be present on my "big day". I am richly blessed with great friends. Many times a day I take stock of my life and am amazed that God has brought me to this moment in time with the incredible people that he has surrounded me with. There might be better, more amazing people on the planet somewhere, but that is mighty hard for me to believe.

I'm not sure what ever happened to that kid who got picked last in P.E. I'm pretty sure that my coolness factor is still not that high, but I serve a God with the best coolness factor ever, and he deserves all the credit for the amazing relationships that I am blessed with.

It is overwhelming and humbling to try to fathom the greatness of God and the privilege to serve alongside him. I only want to have the courage and the faithfulness to stay on the big adventure with God - wherever that may take me in life. And I hope that God protects me from my own stupidity factor well enough that I don't screw it all up :)

No comments: