Search This Blog

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Blast Off!

Launching a new church is like living the countdown to a rocket launch. For months we've been counting down...10 (God called us), 9 (we shared that calling with others), 8(we began meeting and praying with our team), 7 (we trained together for the mission), 6 (we surveyed), 5 (we added others to the team), 4 (secured a meeting location), 3 (planned block parties), 2 (we had preview services), 1 (much prayer and fasting and prayer and more prayer),....Blast Off (Tomorrow!)

A year ago Shawn and I first shared this vision with some dear friends. Now we are finally here at the moment of take-off. I'm glad to have had this opportunity. I can't wait to see what God does next. I agree with my friend that says she is excited to discover all the things she does not know yet about God. I can't wait to see the thunder of his power. The rain of his presence is coming....leave the umbrellas at home.....prepare to get SOAKED!!!! Let's dance together in the rain!

No comments: