Search This Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The good life

Around 3:15 the best part of my day begins. I hang out and plan with my teacher peeps. Today we worked long and hard on end of the year plans. It's wild to be finalizing that kind of stuff. I've just got 24 school days left! Yeah me! I love this team of girls that I work with. I have never laughed so hard in my whole life. I loved my Pottsboro girls, but I seem to fit in a little better down closer to the metroplex. Strange, huh?

Today I got to leave work early....as in before 5:00....and head home. That's the very best part of my day. I love hanging out with my husband and kids. I am blessed with an amazing family. Tonight the kids are doing some chores, I'm chilling on facebook and watching some more of the X-men movies, and Shawn is writing his sermon. It's a good life and I am lucky to live it.

I am so thankful that when I come home, I am starting the best part of my day. I have lots of girlfriends who dread going home to cranky husbands, and look for reasons to work late or constantly want to go hang out with their chick friends to avoid the nastiness at home. At the end of my day today I was so frustrated and tired and well, frustrated. It was good to know that I could walk out the door, get in my car, and go home to an incredible life.

This is a bit rambly, even for me. I'm having a hard time concisely and adequately expressing myself. Bottom line....I've spent lots of time whining this week and so today I was trying to spend some time focusing on how blessed I am. I have a job. It pays the bills. Most of the time it is extraordinarily rewarding. I work with amazing people. I have incredible friends. I have a family beyond compare and get to be married to an unbelievably sexy man. So the 6 years olds got on my nerves this week.....and the some of the drama at school sucks.....small price to pay for a great life.

No comments: