Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Monday Morning 4.20.09

Another awesome Sunday at The Crossroads! Every week we continue to see new faces. It's exciting to be a part of something as amazing as The Crossroads.

Shawn started a new sermon series called "God on your iPOD." Today he spoke about "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay. I really liked this sermon. It was cool to dissect the song and see some of the thoughts in the song and how that related to God. My favorite thing he said was this, "You can't get into heaven by what you Do, you get in by what Jesus has DONE." You have to check this one out at www.welcometothecrossroads.com later this week once it's posted.

Good worship set today:
Opener: Praise Him (Crowder)
Middle Set: Unchanging
God Of Wonders
Grace Like Rain (Todd Agnew)
Closing: Your Name (Paul Baloche)

My favorite was Grace Like Rain. Mostly because I really like the idea of Grace falling on God's people like rain. (But also because it has a yummy D minor chord.) In fact, I have been recently in much trouble because when I pray for God to rain down his grace on Anna, it flash floods. I think it's an awesome promise from God that he is getting ready to do big things in Anna. My friends mostly think it's just rain. Because it's spring.

Funny story:
Our children were learning about Joshua marching around Jericho. They marched around 7 times, yelled really loud, and the big padded walls to the nursery fell down. BOOM! Rachel and I jumped up and ran over to fix the walls. I was frantically praying "Dear God, please don't let me fall down in these ridiculously high heels as I run over to fix the nursery walls before any small children get smushed." And good news....no falling! I was very relieved.

I enjoyed the day, in spite of feeling pretty crummy.

No comments: