Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Monday Morning Update 3/26/10

How can it be time for this regular post again? It feels like yesterday that I did my last update. This week was extremely busy with lots of school projects and events, baby showers for friends, and other random stuff. I guess time flies when you're having fun....or even if you're just extremely busy.

Today was my first time to work in the children's area since our format changed to small groups for kids. I enjoyed working with my small group of 2nd and 3rd graders. I was excited to see so many people's involvement with our kids. I love to see the kids being loved and being valued as an important part of The Crossroads. After all, kids were way important to Jesus too. It was also great that I was able to stay and play with the worship band and then go in to work with the children. That helped me feel like I wasn't having to let anyone down or leave anybody in a lurch and helped me feel connected with everyone.

Shawn said the sermon went well. I am sure it did. He always does a fantastic job with speaking on the cross and its importance. I hope to be able to hear it soon on our website podcasts. He has always been an incredibly gifted speaker, but in the church plant he has bloomed. I have seen him speak with such power and strength and love over the last year. Makes me proud of the man he has become.

The worship set was beautiful today. We did "Marvelous Light", "Mercy," "Yes I Will," Lead Me to the Cross," and "Wonderful Cross." My favorite of the day was probably "Mercy." I've been dealing with some personal crap this week and just yesterday while I was running came to the conclusion that I am just a broken sinner and need more Jesus and less of myself in my life. One of the lines of the song is, "here I am a sinner, broken and in need of you...." Being able to sing that sincerely this morning meant a lot.

On the way home, Shawn and I spent some time thinking through and brainstorming next step types of ideas for The Crossroads. We are praying about and working on ways to help more people connect and get plugged in. We are praying about Easter and the people we will have in our services. We are also praying about our gianormous Easter egg hunt and hoping to be able to connect with the community on Saturday. Please pray with us that we will live our lives poured out to serve Christ, and that we will be granted the wisdom to be good shepherds to our people.

No comments: