Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Monday Morning Update 5/17/10

This Sunday morning, I got to hang out in Kid's Cove. I wanted to let our children's director attend church - just to enjoy a change of pace and ward off burn-out. I enjoyed being a part of the children's service. I will say that being out of worship for two weeks in a row was pretty rough for me, but I loved getting to meet all the kids' parents this as they were dropping their kids off. Being in the gym not only gave me the opportunity to touch base with the children, but also to let their parents know that their kids are important to me.

I haven't heard much about the adult services. I'm guessing things went well.

After a quick lunch, and a fast workout for me and a nap for Shawn, we headed back to Anna this for a baptism service. We rented the facilities at Adventure Camp for the evening. This is an amazing camp with a lake, an amphitheater, a pool, a large dining hall, and extensive activities. Tonight we just used the pool and the dining hall, but I would be interested in using the facility more fully at some point in the future.

Tonight 13 people waded into the pool and lined up for Shawn to baptize them. There were kids, two couples, and even some parents getting baptized alongside their kids. It was beautiful to see each of these friends make a public commitment to follow Christ. I love to see the lives that are being changed each week. It is so much fun to meet new families and see God do the impossible in their lives.

We headed up to the dining hall for a cookout. We had the opportunity to mingle with several of the new families for the first time without feeling rushed. I enjoyed getting to sit down with several different couples and get to know them a little better.

In reading back through this post, it just doesn't do this day justice. There is no way to describe the look on the dad's face as he was baptized alongside his sons while his wife wept. There are not words for me to tell about the rows of children who lined the pool, dangling their feet in the water while they watched many of their friends. I cannot adequately describe the way my husband's eyes crinkle up at the corners as he is having the best time of his life. And just how thankful I am to be a part of it all.

1 comment:

rachel4fotoz said...

No words. Just tears.