Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

God leads us home

I have a long, involved blog in the works on practicing the gift of hospitality and what it reveals about God's heart for his people. However, for tonight, I just want to share a verse I read this morning in Exodus 15:13, "With your unfailing love you lead the people you have redeemed. In your might, you guide them to your sacred home."

Last night I fell asleep discouraged about many things, but this morning I realized that God's leadership never fails. His love for me never falters or wavers, and it translates into leading me into his eternal presence. God is so hungry for a relationship with me (and you) that he sent Jesus to die for our sins. Then Jesus went back to heaven, to his home, to prepare a place for us to live with him. God is a hospitable God, making room in his home for his beloved people.

I kept this verse scribbled on a slip of paper on my desk today. When I was tempted to replay my doubts and discouragements from last night, I reread the verse and remembered that my ever loving, never failing God is leading me home where there is complete joy, peace, and rest. My only responsibility is to follow him as closely as I possibly can.

No comments: