Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm happy

Yesterday was a busy day and Abby was exhausted. I put her to bed for a nap. She was screaming "I'm not sleepy. I'm not tired. I'm not grumpy." She flopped and cried and whined. The hysterical moment was when she was mid fit and started screaming "but I am happy. I am happy." Soon after she totally crashed and slept for three hours.

As I snuggled her for a minute, I wondered if I am like that with God. Are there moments in my life when He's saying "rest with me for a minute. You'll feel better later" and I am frantically screaming "I'm happy" as I fight against Him? How often do I try to convince God that my plan is better and that I don't need Him?

Abby's fit made me stop and think that maybe I need to slow down and listen instead of frantically trying to convince myself that my plans for my life are great. I need to make time to just spend time with God. Just to love Him.

No comments: