Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

Mexico January 1, 2010

What a great start to a new decade! We spent today painting a building at Casa Hogar. It did not take us long to run out of paint.

We shopped a few minutes at a tourist store run by the orphanage. Then we ate some amazing fajitas at a local restaurant. We finished the day up with another shopping stop in Matamoras.

Interesting story - while we were checking out, James wandered off. I spotted him at a jewelry counter handing over large amounts of money. Shawn ran over real quick to check out the situation. He had purchased a "rolex" watch for $50. His dad got the watch returned and the money returned. When asked, James said "it was shiny, and the lady said it was a good deal." I had to laugh.

I'm looking forward to getting back home to my own bed. It's been a good week, but I sure miss my Abby.

No comments: