Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2008

Just for Rachel....toilets and sand writing

Just cause I love you, I'll do a second runner up to Reader's choice.

What does God have to say about toilets

Many years ago when I was a stay at home mom, I was on my knees scrubbing the toilet in the bathroom when God spoke to me. He did not often speak to me back then, and I was not sure it was really him at first. He said, "This is what I meant by washing each other's feet."

Me, "Huh?"

It took me weeks to ponder it all out...but basically I came to understand that when Jesus told the disciples to wash each other's feet he was telling them to dig in deep in relationships - into the nasty, dirty, stinky parts of life and to love people there. I came to understand it not through Jesus bending over my feet with a wash basin, but by bending over a toilet, scrubbing up after the kids. People need us to love them....even when it's all crap. That's where real love and ministry happen.

1 comment:

rachel4fotoz said...

I feel so special! Thanks for loving me!!