Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2008

Odd God moment

One last thing....three blogs in one day makes it up to those of you who panicked when I skipped a day, right?

Last night I felt the tingle of a migraine start up about 4:00. When I got home, I drank some coffee....sometimes helps. By the end of band practice, I would have cut off my own head if I could've. I drove home with my knees so that I could apply pressure to my head with both hands. Took migraine pills - lots of caffeine. So after the headache abated, I laid pointlessly in bed waiting for sleep until about 2 a.m.

This is not the point...just setting the stage for how come I was awake at 2. The odd God moment was this. From about 11 until I went to sleep around 2, the music in my head was so loud that I could not consider sleep. It was all stuff I knew, not like a songwriting moment or anything. It struck me as strange that no matter how hard I tried to form thoughts, it was completely impossible. But then this morning when I woke up, I felt strangely refreshed and renewed. It was as if somehow during the night, my entire soul had been cleansed. I did not understand until late this afternoon when I was thinking about it....Zeph. 3:17 - God sings over us. Just had the random thought that maybe the music in my head was God's way of singing over me in the night. It certainly had unusual effects the next morning. Don't know - maybe this doesn't even make sense - sometimes the medicine does do loopy things to me. But it was cool.

No comments: