Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2009

God-of-the-angel-army

Today in my quiet time I was reading the story of David and Goliath. David names God as "God-of-the-angel-army." I guess I don't often think of God as the supreme commander of a huge, extraordinarily powerful army of angels. I tried hard to think of times that I depended on God as a God that commands that type of power. I'm still thinking. I'm still thinking.

I've often needed a God that is more powerful than me, but I am pretty sure that I have never seen even the beginnings of what God is capable of doing. I typically live small even though I have big dreams.

I would like to see my life characterized by a bit more risk. A bit more space for God to work in big and mighty ways. But I don't even know where to begin.

No comments: