Search This Blog

Monday, July 13, 2009

Tonight - my blog's 1st anniversary

Tonight marks a hallmark event. I posted my very first blog here on blogspot on July 14, 2008. One year of blogging. I have absolutely loved this. I have found that writing clears my head, makes me more focused, and helps me to be honest with people about who I am. It is hard to be fake with anyone after they say, "I saw in your blog...." I have made it a point to be very open here, sometimes to a fault, I guess.

In the last year you have seen us launch into a new church plant, I started a new job, we have made many new friends, I have had great days and super experiences, and some really crummy ones now and then. Many of you have used my blog as an opportunity to pray for my family in our ministry, and for that I thank you. I have gained a new confidence as I have been open and outright about my thoughts, and you guys still love me anyway. I am deeply honored when God uses anything that I saw here to impact other people. I rarely ever write with that intent, I primarily write with the purpose of sharing what God is doing in my life, and how I am struggling along on this journey called life. Then sometimes I just write to be writing.... Things that amuse me, family life, or just nothing much at all. My random thoughts that rarely make sense even to me are all here. A record of my journey.

I do not know what the next year will hold for any of us, but I am looking forward to the adventure. Come along for the ride.

No comments: