Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Be a Missionary day 3

Wow, things are certainly different than we all had planned, but God is in the business of doing unexpected things when we are surrendered to his will and obedient to his call. Here is day 3 of the mission team's bible study. Pray along with them that God will use them today, and that they will arrive safely in Tula before nightfall.

Day 3

Today is the beginning of a great adventure as you become actual missionaries in Mexico. You will probably find opportunities this week to serve in ways in which you are very comfortable and very gifted. However, you will probably also be asked to stretch into areas that you have never been. You may experience uncertainty and discomfort. Our key phrase on mission trips is always, “Be flexible.”

In I Corinthians 9:22-23, Paul says it this way, “When I am with those who are oppressed, I share their oppression so that I might bring them to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone so that I might bring them to Christ. I do all this to spread the Good News, and in doing so I enjoy its blessings.”

Finding common ground with the people you are serving can be challenging across a language barrier. How can you demonstrate unconditional love to the people to which you are ministering? How can you show abundant love to the team you are serving alongside?

Many times today you may need to think on Philippians 4:13, “For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.” God put you into this moment for a reason. He plans to give you the strength to succeed.


No comments: