Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2008

Be amazed!

This morning in my quiet time, I was reading Habakkuk 1:5, "The Lord replied, Look at the nations and be amazed! Watch and be astounded at what I will do! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it.'' (Now for those of you who are strict theologians - yes, I am aware that this is in the middle of a passage about judgement of the nations and I don't really care.)

For the rest of you, this is how God spoke to my heart.

How long has it been since I've been amazed? How long has it been since I stood astounded as God moved? How long has it been since I've seen God do something unbelievable? I want to be able to say that I have been astounded! I want to be standing in the middle of wherever God decides to reveal Himself next. When God begins to pour out His power and presence on His people, like rain in the dessert, I want to feel it splashing all over my face. I want to be soaked with His rain. I am hungry, I am thirsty, I am desperate for Him. I am ready. I can hardly wait.

In my head tonight God sounds like the cheesy operator of a roller coaster. "Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts. Keep your arms inside the vehicle at all times. Get ready for the ride of your life!" Ready, Crossroads? Here we go!

No comments: