Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2008

Church Planting? God are you sure you're talking to me?

Church planting is a huge adventure! I have never been so excited about ministry. At the same time, I have never been so scared! One church planter's wife described it as, "Dancing on skyscrapers."

It is unbelievably incredible to see how God has continually added to our launch team. God has brought along very uniquely gifted people to help us get off the ground. The way that they love each other is absolutely beautiful. God is constantly opening doors with individuals for us to share about life in Christ. This is the fun adventure part!

The scary part for me is the unknown. Meeting new people, starting a new job, selling our house and moving into a new neighborhood - These are all scary things for someone like me who is shy and prefers to be invisible. I have to admit that at first I tried hard to convince God that he had "dialed the wrong number" when he asked me to be a missionary's wife. However, it is amazing to see God revealing himself to me in new and incredible ways as I am walking alongside Him in this new journey. I can't wait to see what will happen next!

No comments: