Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just a Swingin'

Tomorrow's a busy day. I'm taking my artist, Katie, to the art museum in Fort Worth to see the impressionist exhibit. She is so excited and just can't wait. Because I plan to sleep as late as possible in the morning, I am blogging tonight.

I don't have anything wow or new or earth-shattering to share - just a couple of thoughts about relationships. Today I had the privilege to hang out with some of my best friends. I had lunch with some girls from Pottsboro, I spent the afternoon with some girls in Anna, and the evening with friends from the new church plant. I love the creative energy and the laughter and the support and the care among the people that are on our church planting team. I sat in the porch swing tonight working a song with friend who is new to songwriting. (yeah, I know what you are thinking ...."just a swingin'") I was really proud of the songwriter for finally working up the courage to share his song with other people. The rest of the team was lounging on the porch, just visiting and hanging out.

My girl - friend sitting with me in the swing said, "Why has it taken us so long to do this?" She was talking about just taking time to hang out with the people that we love. I don't know why it has taken us so long to make time to just enjoy relationships. It seems like such a simple thing - spending time with the people you love. God is all about relationships, but life gets out of control and time flies by quickly. Hopefully this fall I can remember that relationships are more valuable than all the "stuff" that I have to get done.

To all my friends - help me remember to focus on the important stuff - you guys!

No comments: