Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2008

More about the rain

This morning the rain was pouring down, and in the early morning quiet I sipped my coffee slowly as I opened my Bible for my quiet time. Zechariah 10:1 , "Ask the Lord for the rain...." Can you believe that? Not only was it raining (if you don't understand my wow, see "worship in the dark") but then I opened up my Bible and the very first verse that I read was about rain. I think God may be trying to tell me something?

I spent the morning praying for God to pour out his presence and his grace and his mercy and his love on Anna like a torrential rain. To flood us with his Spirit. To fill us up completely with His love. I am excited to see how God will move in the services at the Crossroads this weekend. I can't wait to meet God in worship!

Just another note - God has daily reaffirmed my calling to teach in Anna. Every day this week I have had incredible "God encounters" with people that have no explanation other than God has already been at work.

Continue praying for the church plant. Pray for us all to guard our hearts against temptation and to walk in light, carefully following God's footprints.

No comments: