Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The last preview service, an awesome insight, and an embarrassing confession

Today was our final preview service at The Crossroads. We had 68 people show up to worship with us. How exciting! It is impossible for me to believe that we will be launching full-time in 3 weeks. This is the adventure of a lifetime! I am blessed to share it with an incredible team of people.

On another note, I had a couple of deep thoughts today that I thought I'd share. The first one is sort-of a one-liner that God spoke to me during Shawn's awesome sermon today. Now understand that I have heard this sermon on multiple occasions, I am simply a slow learner. He used Genesis 12:1, "Then the Lord told Abram, "Leave your country, your relatives, and your father's house, and go to the land that I will show you." I have meditated on this passage many times - about Abram's faith in stepping out into the unknown, etc. but today I had a new insight that I thought was pretty awesome. "You don't have to know the destination to begin the journey." I like to know all the details before I jump off into anything and God just spoke to me about walking the journey with Him, not worrying so much about the destination and the details. Just enjoy being surprised by where God takes me.





No comments: