Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crazy Love, Chapter 1

Francis Chan just says a couple of things really well that I think you fellow worshippers will appreciate. p. 31, "Isn't it a comfort to worship a God we cannot exaggerate?" I wish I had come up with that! God is bigger than any good thing we can think or say or imagine about Him! WOW!



In discussing our discomfort with God's hatred of sin, p. 34, "He has to punish those guilty of sin. Maybe that's not an appealing standard. But to put it bluntly, when you get your own universe, you can make your own standards." Totally laughed out loud because it is so true that I often want God to conform to my ideas of right or comfortable instead of accepting that it's his universe, his show, his rules, and I am owned by him and was created for his uses only.



Awesome first chapter. My pen was flying in the margins, but it would take forever to share it all with you. Here's one last thought I had in this chapter as I read Is. 6 about the angelic beings who worship God continually. What an amazing thing. The most incredible, awesome, most powerful beings in the universe have nothing more important on their agendas than gathering around God's throne to worship him continually. New perspective on priorities, huh?



I'm on page 39, ready to start chapter 2, if you're reading along.

No comments: