Search This Blog

Saturday, October 25, 2008

crazy love, chapter 2

I wasn't as excited about chapter 2 of Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Could be because it was an entire chapter dealing with death and living our lives with purpose due to the knowledge that we are but a vapor. I really kind of prefer to not dwell on my mortality too much.

funniest statement: "I resisted because I'm stubborn and that's who I am." not like I can identify with that or anything. :)

most convicting statement: Worry implies that we don't quite trust God to be big enough. Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to excuse our behavior towards others. "Worry and stress reek of arrogance." Oh..... That really caught me off guard. I wasn't sure that I agreed at first, but the more I thought about it the more I realized that both of those things result when I am trying to be in control and be my own God. My problem....I can often avoid acting on my emotions, but I don't know how to control the feeling of stress that is such a miserable emotion. I had never thought about throwing it into the same category as worry and to link both with arrogance makes me just really embarrassed and pretty sure that I have some major sin confessing to do. I seem to always be stressed about life, my job especially.

Most uplifting thought: "The point of your life is to point to Him. Whatever you are doing, God wants to be glorified, because this whole thing is His."

No comments: